That aggressiveness is a natural defense mechanism that helps them stay away from others. The problem arises when the cat also attacks. His previous behavior warns us: growls, stares at us, lifts the body, ears and tail, the fur bristles and his pupils contract. When this happens, it is advisable to leave the cat quiet for a while and consult with the veterinarian to assess the origin of that behavior.
In most cases, behind the aggressiveness can hide a disease. It is known that hypothyroidism and hypertension cause aggression. In the same way, muscle and bone pain, like arthritis, can also make your cat rebel when you come to caress it. In addition, there are a number of infections that cause agitation in animals, as well as somewhat violent attitudes. Even in certain cases, a tumor is the origin of its aggressiveness. That is why it is necessary that we consult with the veterinarian to find out what causes that reaction and how to reduce their symptoms.
Help him feel better How To Care For an Aggressive Cat.
While the animal receives the corresponding treatment, we will have to do everything possible to help him feel better. Follow these tips:
- Find a place for him to be alone and quiet. If you have a cat tree/condo at home that he can climb and hide, do not bother when the cat is isolated in this space.
- Do not touch it or do not take it. If it is aggressive, it is because it is bad and needs to be left. You have to respect it. If we force him and we approach him to catch him or caress him, he will be more violent and could attack us.
- Be patient. During the days or weeks that the animal is like this, you must have patience.
- Nothing to exercise physical violence. Not even if he attacked us because we caressed him. You have to understand how it feels.
- Play with him if he approaches. If you touch him, look for eye contact and want to play, we can take this moment to be with him.
- Encourage it to relate to other pets. In some cases, the aggressiveness is due to the cat having problems relating to other animals in the house. To modify his behavior, it is recommended that we play with him and the other animal we have so that he can get used to sharing his space and socializing. How To Care For an Aggressive Cat.